Upload a Licence and View Summary
Activating a licence requires the idenprotect Core Platform to be installed. If you have not yet installed the idenprotect Core Platform, see Installing with an RPM
The idenprotect Core Platform licence determines the amount of concurrent Users entitled to use the platform, the number of Devices they are permitted to use, and whether or not those users are entitled to use Single Sign-On or Windows Authentication. Without a valid licence, you are only entitled to have 1 User and 1 Device who is entitled to use SSO and Windows Authentication for testing purposes. For more information about the entitlements, please see Licences and Entitlements
The licence file is an xml file supplied from your vendor, or from idenprotect. If you do not have one yet or you have issues with the file, please contact your idenprotect partner or email us at email@example.com
Uploading a Licence and viewing the Licence summary
The licence is activated with the following steps:
1. Log in to idenprotect Core Platform Admin Console (see First time login and navigation for the default credentials
2. In the Dashboard Tab on a fresh installation, the summary at the bottom of the page will look something like the following image. Without a licence, you are permitted one User, device, SSO and Windows entitlement for testing purposes.
3. Click on the Licences text to open up the Licence Upload and Summary pop-up box. This should look like the following image.
4. Use the browse button to find your licence and click upload. A notification will display if the licence upload has been successful or not and the summary will be updated.
5. The summary below displays 3 uploaded licences. You can see that one of them is in italic as it is for a future time period and the summary of Current entitlements does not include the entitlements from the future licence. If a licence has expired, it will show with a strikethrough. The licences will always be displayed with the latest expiry at the top
6. When closing the pop-up box, the Dashboard screen will update the summary. You can see here that the number of days until licence expiry relates to the single licence which has the nearest expiry as this is the day when the number of entitlements may change.
If you have arrived here whilst going through the First time login and navigation you can return and continue.
If you have completed that and want to move onto configuring the idenprotect Core Platform installation. Please see How to make configuration changes