The site users who can manage the idenprotect Core Platform can be viewed and managed from the SITE tab on the navigation bar in the idenprotect Core Platform
If you are looking for information regarding the end-users, see Users view and management
Managing Site Users
Viewing Site Users
Users are listed with various information including a Source. The sources are as follows:
- No source - If this is the first time you are seeing the Site Users, you will notice there are several already there with no source listed. These are the users who are automatically generated by the Database on the initial run of the idenprotect Core Platform.
- Local LDAP - Users which have been synchronized from LDAP
- Admin API - User which has been manually created using the Add user link at the top of the page
- Any other value would indicate the Node Name of an AD Sync agent that had created the account
Users are always associated with a Role that determines the level of access that they have. Roles are as follows:
- ADMIN - Can do everything except authentication.
- Help Desk - Can view/amend Devices, view/amend Users, view Logs, Reports, and Dashboard.
- Read Only - Can access the same views as the helpdesk apart from Reports, but cannot make any changes.
- Agent - Can register a device, add a user and authenticate.
- Domain Helpdesk - Same access levels as Help Desk except only for the users that belong to the same domain/source.
Filtering Site Users
Site Users are listed on pages. You can specify which users are displayed and how many are displayed per page by accessing the Filter option.
As a general rule filtering terms will filter based on the value "containing" the search term. For example, searching for "er" in username would create a match for all usernames that contained the characters "er"
You can filter on any of the First Names, Last Name, Username, Role, and Source
It is possible to set multiple filters at the same time, for example, to find all Users with a Help Desk Role that have been created by the LDAP sync job with "smith" in their names.
Site User Management
From this page you can manually create and edit users by selecting the Add user link on top of the page or the Edit button.
Click the Reset Password button to set a new password for the user.
If the idenprotect Core Platform has been configured to use LDAP, you can map Site Users and their permissions with the LDAP directory using the Sync button. You can manage accounts that have been created by synchronizing with Active Directory or another user repository but be aware that with the next synchronization details of those users will be reset to original ones, this is allowed just for testing purposes. For more information on configuring the Sync options, see LDAP Connection Configuration and LDAP Admin Sync Configuration.
Bulk Operations allows you to delete multiple selected users.